What is Behavioral Economics?
亚洲欧美国产免费综合视频_四虎影音_亚洲狠狠爱综合影院Behavioral economics (BE) is the study of judgment and choice. BE provides a lens through which we can understand anomalies in human behavior that traditional economic models are unable to explain. This area of study blends psychology and economics to provide a fuller understanding of human behavior and preferences, and focuses on errors in cognition. Professionals utilize their knowledge of BE to increase pro-social behaviors and improve consumer outcomes (for example, increasing retirement savings, increasing organ donation, or improving customer experience).
About our program:
The online Master of Arts in Behavioral Economics program is designed for working adults interested in psychological perspectives of human decision making, risk assessment, and consumer behavior. This program provides students an alternative to the traditional M.B.A by offering a curriculum with a foundation in advanced psychology that addresses broader business applications to decision making, negotiation, marketing, and consumer behavior. The M.A. in Behavioral Economics is a unique program that utilizes a competency-based model grounded in: consumer, social, cognitive and consulting psychology and political science and infuses multicultural perspectives from a diversity of market audiences. The curriculum integrates elements of economics and financial literacy including: consumer psychology, public policy, and theories of decision-making to generate a richer understanding of human behavior. Graduates are prepared to deliver outstanding professional services, perform research, excel as leaders and policy advisors, and to sensitively and inclusively serve diverse populations in business, marketing, and politics.
Student Experience (Online):
亚洲欧美国产免费综合视频_四虎影音_亚洲狠狠爱综合影院The MA Behavioral Economics program is designed to support interaction and learning among students and faculty by incorporating cohort membership, small groupings, a blended delivery system, active learning, and pedagogical “best practices” within the design.
- Cohort Model: Students in the MA Behavioral Economics program move through a sequence of courses collectively. The common goal of starting and completing the program together encourages students to work collectively, which promotes the development of personal relationships and the building of a professional network. Cohort membership enables students to support and learn from other students.
- Small Groupings: The program strategically allows for arrangement of students in small groups for online learning that is advantageous for active learning. As approximations: Online Courses have fewer than 20 students.
- Diverse Delivery System: This program utilizes both synchronous and asynchronous instructional modalities to provide students an accommodative learning environment that encourages interaction among students and faculty, supports active learning, and respects diverse talents and ways of learning. Asynchronous learning includes the use of online forums, audio and video recordings. Synchronous learning includes the use of live chat sessions and GoToMeeting live virtual meetings.
- Student Services: Online students have access to a range of students support services provided by TCSPP including: Access to TCSPP Library Services, professional skill development through Career Services, opportunities to study abroad, the chance to present original research at the Graduate Research Forum, the potential to publish their Capstone Research projects in a journal, and engagement opportunities through student groups and societies.
Degrees in Behavioral Economics offered at The Chicago School
Careers in Behavioral Economics
Public and Private Sector Employers:
- Human Resources
- Consulting Agencies
- Higher Education
- Public Relations
Examples of Behavioral Economics Job Titles:
- Research associate
- Behavioral economist
- Specialist in behavioral economics
- Behavioral economist consultant
- Behavioral scientist
- Qualitative/Quantitative Behavioral Scientist